Friday, October 3, 2008

Not Everyone's a Yankees Fan (even in New York)

As with any sport, there is a lot of smack talk in baseball. Cross-town rivalries, player haters, and of course, the Yankees-Red Sox. I obviously side with the Red Sox on that one not only because I love, LOVE Fenway and think that the Boston fans are the greatest in baseball, but also because the Yankees are the Enemy. They beat the Braves in more than one World Series, so obviously I have to hate them. But seriously, when a player (A-Rod) swats a ball out of the way so he can make it to first base, you have to admit that he deserves this picture that floated around for awhile ...
Ok, back to the present-day. Here are a few of the funny Yankees items we saw in Cooperstown:This might be my personal favorite ...This, I'm not really sure what it even means. I had no idea that cows were Yankees fans?! I am very confused (btw, this was in the Hall of Fame). Cows in pinstripes ... that's a new one!
So for as much as I don't like the Yankees, I will give them credit for providing some entertainment while we were there (and just as a disclaimer ... for everything against the Yankees, there was equally as much against the Red Sox. After all, Cooperstown is in New York)!

Disclaimers:
Lachelle: Yes, I know that we had a giant poster of A-Rod in our bedroom all through BYU - that was then, before he played for the Yankees! I don't think he was so arrogant back then.

Sharyn: It sure was fun to tease you about the Yankees on this trip! Just because you met A-Rod doesn't mean you have love his team.

Chris: I know. The Yankees are a very talented team. If they weren't, then maybe I wouldn't have to hate them so much. This is just one of those things we agree to disagree on.

A little rivalry never hurt anyone.

1 comment:

lrbodine said...

I love your disclaimers. And yes I was a huge A-Rod fan UNTIL he had to break my heart by going to the Yankees.