May 16, 2008: Introducing Ryan & Laura Lillywhite!
I flew home for the wedding last weekend. From the time I got off the plane until I came back to VA, it was non-stop! It was a great trip though, filled with lots of family and friends, and of course the most important part - my new sister-in-law Laura :) Its like I said at the luncheon, I've always told my brothers that they needed to marry cool girls since they are the only sisters I will have, and I don't think I could have hand-picked anyone better for Ryan than Laura. She's so great and I'm very excited that she's part of our family. Aren't they just so cute??
The luncheon was as the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, and then we all walked over to the SLC Temple for the sealing. Before we went in, we had a little while to enjoy the temple grounds with the extended family:
After pictures, we went back home for the reception that evening. Here's mom and dad with Ryan & Laura ...
My green shoes were the hit of the wedding (other than the actually wedding stuff of course) - special thanks to Christine for pointing them out to me! Even Laura's dad, when I met him at the reception, said "oh you are the one with the famous green shoes!" Nice to be known for something :)
The reception was in my parent's backyard and turned out absolutely beautifully!
We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day - in every way - including the 74 degree weather. Unfortunately we didn't take a whole lot of pictures, so I'm hoping that the photographer snapped some good ones for them!
I hurried to get a picture with Ryan & Laura at the end of the reception - too bad my flower is turned upside-down by this time of night!!
We don't have ANY pictures of our family all together in our "wedding attire" since we weren't wearing it to the temple, but here's one of me with the happy couple at the end of the reception (after I ditched the shoes).
What a perfect day it was! I'm so happy for you two and so glad I was there to celebrate with everyone :)
5 comments:
How cruel to tease me like that! To tell me about these cool green shoes that everyone was talking about and then not SHOW them to me! You KNOW I love awesome shoes. You have to post a picture of you wearing them just for me, okay?
That looks like it was a beautiful wedding. Sisters-in-law can be such a huge blessing. All of my sisters-in-law are really good friends. I hope you have a wonderful time with your new sister-in-law.
Ok, so did you all like go to a tanning booth before the wedding, because you all look so tan!!Anyway...I think Laura looks beautiful in her wedding dress, and your brother looks very handsome!! Very cute couple!! I am very happy for them. And having the reception in your backyard-Great Idea!! You do have a nice big backyard!! I thought all looked great! Thanks so much for sharing the pictures! ps. Ryan looks so much like your dad-of course with lots of hair!!!
Ok I've updated the post ... green shoes for Nikki :)
Those. Are. WICKED!!! Bet they looked smashin' with your blue top.
Looks like it was a beautiful day. I'm so happy for Ryan and Laura, and glad that you finally have a sister!! Yeah! I like the aqua blue color, very nice. It looks really good on you! I hope you are doing good!
Kristy
Post a Comment