I know that I said farewell to RFK last week when I was at the Nationals game. So maybe I lied. Ok not really ... but they aren't the only team that plays at the stadium. The DC United, our soccer team, also plays there (don't you just love how you can see where the baseball infield is?!?). Sadly, in the 5+ years that I have lived in DC, I have never been to a game. Until tonight.
The DC United took on the Guadalajara Chivas. We certainly felt like minorities amongst all the Mexicans (and all of them drunk to boot - I have never seen so many empty cans of beer and broken bottles on the way INTO the game as I did tonight). I think I was the only one who didn't understand Espanol in the whole stadium! ha ha
Apparently it was the opening round of the Copa Sudamericana tournament, and it was a great game, especially since DC won 2-1. I need to go to more games like that!!
It was a good way for me to branch into a new sport now that the baseball season is coming to a close (and because my team will not be in the playoffs this year) ... at a stadium that I am already familiar with ;) I haven't been to a soccer game since the many Friday nights we spent at BYU's field in college ... good times those were!
Thursday, September 27, 2007
DC United Game
Posted by
Shanna
at
27.9.07
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hey, i was there too!! we should start going TOGETHER instead of to the same places seperately. and you all bailed out on shakes with us.
Post a Comment