So remember how I said "no real lasting damage?" Well, when I came home from work, I decided to pull my hair back and see if I could see what was really going on. It has been hurting all day, and I swore I could feel something where the hair was singed. People at work laughed at me when I told them the story and kept rubbing my head (and I do have to admit, I have been laughing all day too) - this would ONLY happen to me! Freak accidents apparently seek me out these days.
First, let's keep in mind the culprit of this humorous event --
The evidence of the spontaneous combustion of my blow dryer --
You probably can't see since the picture is small, but on the ends of my hair (where it was in my scalp just moments before), there are little black balls where it was singed together. There are also a few pieces of the coils - the biggest one was the one that managed to stick itself in my head.
And now, the victim --
Yup, that's right ... an entire spot singed hair-less by a disfunctional hair dryer. Who would have thought drying your hair could be so hazardous?? Luckily for me, it is underneath quite a bit of hair, so no one can see it.
Here's a closer look -- obviously its not huge by any means, but the whole episode kind of cracks me up!
Rest assured - I went to Costco on my lunch break today and picked this up:
Monday, September 24, 2007
A Bad Hair Day, Indeed
Hopefully this is the first and last time my new blow dryer (or any blow dryer for that matter) appears on my blog!
Posted by
Shanna
at
24.9.07
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Your poor head!! That looks like it hurts.
ohmygosh! that's horrible. makes me not want to blow dry my hair anymore (c:
yikes! that looks painful. yea, i got my appt. rescheduled with jennifer too...and i definitely feel for her. :( I don't like hearing sad news.
Post a Comment