Monday, September 24, 2007

Kelli's Trip

Kelli and Eric flew into town on Thursday night for a long weekend in DC. It was so much fun having them in town for a few days. Saturday afternoon we headed down to Georgetown and visited the National Cathedral - somewhere I'd actually never been. Little Sydney liked to hear her voice echoing inside! Then we went to one of my favorite restaurants in Georgetown, a little Italian place called The News Cafe. It was really good, as always. After dinner, we walked up to Dean & Deluca, and then headed back to the car. Sydney got her first taste of chocolate on the way back ... there's no turning back now!Then we drove downtown and walked by the Vietnam Wall and over to the Lincoln Memorial just as the sun was going down.
As many times as I have been downtown to see the monuments, I never get sick of them. They are always just as stunning as the first time I saw them. I love looking at them at night especially. Of course sometimes you just need to sit down and take a break from all that walking ...

On Sunday after church, Heidi & Justin were nice enough to have us all over to their beautiful new home in Ashburn for an awesome dinner. It was so much fun to be able to spend time with everyone again. We don't see each other nearly as often as we'd like to, so thanks to Kelli for giving us all a great excuse to get together! Michelle, Nick & little Nicholas, Heidi, Justin, & little Sydney, Abbie & Jon, Kelli & Eric, Anne, and me. They were some of the first friends I made when I moved to DC and Its hard to believe it was 5+ years ago. Nicholas is running all over, and starting to talk, and Sydney even started crawling yesterday! It was a great evening of catching and up and renewing friendships (of course while we ate and watched those darling kids play, along with the Redskins game). I'm so lucky that we still keep in touch and spend time together! I couldn't ask for better friends.

1 comment:

lrbodine said...

I can't believe how much hair little Sydney has. She is soo cute! And I love DC. I wish Rob and I could afford to come out and see you.