I debated what to do about the rest of my baseballs, and my impatience got the best of me. I decided I didn't care if they all matched, since that seems to be out of the question now, and I ordered the rest of the baseballs (an early birthday present from you-know-who-you-are) ... and the final one came today. The baseballs I didn't really know if I would like are the ones with the logos on the white baseball; the vintage style balls have the logo embroidered onto the color. Now that they're all together, I kind of like the different colors of the vintage baseballs with the "regular" ones. Or maybe I'm just telling myself that ;) Either way, here is the final product, in all of its glory.
So there it is, my baseball stadium tour, from start to finish. Beginning with the Atlanta Braves in Fulton County stadium right after we moved to GA in 1987, moving chronologically through the stadiums along the way, and ending with the Texas Rangers Ballpark in Arlington in 2008. 36 stadiums (including the 6 that I went to that don't exist anymore - they had to have a place in my display case too!) and countless incredible memories. To top it all off, the baseball at the bottom of the case is the one that I got in Texas at the game. My very last game and I finally got a ball. Its a perfect ending! And I have to admit ... I absolutely, positively, completely love it.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
And Its Finished!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I have to say - that looks AWESOME. What a great collection. Woohoo!
congratulations!
That might possibly be the most impressive collection I've ever seen. So cool.
I agree with Nikki - that is very impressive and very cool! I'm still in awe of your passion for and dedication to your baseball!
it's inspiring!
;o)
Wow! What a collection, and with all the memories to go with it! That is such a good way to display what you love.
Hooray for Shanna! I love the case (and that you finally caught a ball!) What a fun thing to do.
-Angela
Shanna, that's soo fun! Wow, what a woman:)
I've been waiting for this news forever. Good for you - you make me proud! I think that you have a determination unmatched by anyone I know.
Please tell me next time you come to UT!
Post a Comment