Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Top 5

These are a few of my favorite (amusing) things in the last week or so:

5. Falling asleep on my couch Saturday night after watching The Office from Thursday night because I was just too tired to walk to my bedroom (all of 50 feet away down the hallway).

4. Watching The Office. That show absolutely kills me.

Lester: How long have you known Ms. Levinson?
Michael: Six years and two months.
Lester: And you were directly under her the entire time?
Michael: That's what she said.
Lester: Excuse me?
Michael: That's what she said.
Lester: Ms. Levinson told you she was your direct superior?
Michael: Uh, wh-why would she say that?
Jan: Can we just move on to another question?
Diane: No wait, I don't understand. Who's on record on saying this?
Lester: With all due respect, I'm in the middle of a line of questioning. Now Mr. Scott, what did you say Ms. Levinson said? Regarding your employment status with respect to her corporate position.
Michael: Come again? That's what she said? I don't know what you're talking about.
Jan: Okay, if I may, he was just telling a joke before, so can we move on to another question?Lester: Oh, are you sure?
Jan: Uh, yes.
Lester: Can you go back to where this digression began?
Deposition Reporter: [reading off paper] Mr. Schneider: And you were directly under her the entire time? Mr. Scott: That's what she said.
Michael: Well, delivery is all wrong. She's butchering it.

3. Sitting behind our bishop and his wife during our ward talent/no talent show and hearing their comments ("wow, that was awkward...") all night.

2. Near the end of a lesson, having your home teacher reach into his pocket and pull out his harmonica and proceed to play a medley of "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing," "Army of Helaman," and "Come, Come Ye Saints." Wow.

and last but certainly not least, stolen from Jenny's sister's friend:

1. They were playing a game for FHE. The game was some sort of word guessing game kind of like "I spy." Her little boy (he's about 6 or 7) said, "I'm thinking of a word. It starts with "F" and ends with "uckers." She and her husband just sat there and couldn't say anything. Then he said, "Do you give up?" "Uh huh." "It's Fuddruckers!" They just about died and that pretty much ended the game.

ha ha ha

5 comments:

heidi said...

really, the harmonica? now that is special.

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Ok, #1 is HILARIOUS!! I about died reading it.

lrbodine said...

Oh those are great. I love the Office. And harmonica? Now that is another classic home teaching story . ..

Joy said...

I sit by Sister King in church sometimes. She can be pretty funny.

lillyblogger said...

I am sister king, and I am funny. I actually took an online comedy course by gerri seinfield (not to be confused with jerry seinfield) and that is why me is funny