Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Is This a Sign?!?

The other night I was really craving ice cream. So what did I do? Of course, went to the grocery store to get some. Being lazy, I decided to go to Safeway, which I normally avoid like the plague, but since its right around the corner, I made an exception. I think that's the last time I make that exception. This is what I walked into, in my ice cream craving state of mind:
Wow. Seriously?! Empty freezers, water all over the floor, paper towels trying to mop up the mess, and employees removing items as fast as they can out of the freezers and into the shopping cards (to do what with?!), all marked by the yellow "caution" tape (as if someone was going to venture down the aisle?! - complete and utter chaos. And there I am, standing at the end of the aisle laughing, and then getting out my camera to take a picture! Maybe I just wasn't meant to eat ice cream that night!! Though the thought did cross my mind, it was quickly replaced by my ice cream craving. I got right back into my car and drove to Wegman's, only to discover that they now carry my favorite kind of ice cream: Turkey Hill Light Chocolate Nutty Moose Tracks. Yup, heaven in a carton. And it was even on sale. So the night didn't turn out all that bad, after all.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Ok, that is HILARIOUS! Of course that would happen to you. You would think that they'd be giving the ice cream away though...Too bad.

The Wylers said...

I think it is hilarious that you had your camera with you! And I'm with you, I wouldn't let that stop me from getting ice cream either!!!