San Francisco: the California Treat. It most certainly was this time! Way back when I looked at the baseball schedules in February, I decided that I wanted to spend the 4th of July in San Fran this year to knock off two more baseball stadiums: AT&T Park in San Francisco and The McAfee Coliseum in Oakland. I don't think I could have picked a better weekend! Sharyn and I flew out Friday morning and met Kelli in Oakland. Our trip got started off on the wrong foot when our flight was 2 hours delayed leaving DC, but after that, everything was perfect.
Because of the flight delay, we took BART to our hotel and checked in and headed straight to the Giants game at AT&T Park. I got really excited when I saw this in front of us ...
Absolutely beautiful!! I could hardly wait to get inside and see the rest of it.
It was a gorgeous day, the Giants were playing the Dodgers in front of a sold-out crowd, and we had awesome seats to enjoy the game and the view from.
I must say, the garlic fries were better than they were at Safeco (sorry Karrie and Robin!) ... the game was very exciting (Giants ended up winning 10-7) and we thoroughly enjoyed taking it all in.
After the game, I made everyone walk around the stadium with me so we could get a closer look at the whole thing. I'm sure they loved that (ha ha)...
We couldn't walk up to the giant baseball glove, unfortunately, since they closed it down after the game ended. Oh well - I've gotta save something for the next time I'm at a game there, right?!?
I loved the view from the stadium (except for the fact that you couldn't see the Bridge). There were boats out in the Bay, people walking up and down the sidewalks outside the stadium, and of course, the wind blowing everything a million directions.
The verdict: Well done San Francisco! AT&T Park definitely ranks among the best ballparks in my book.
Because of the flight delay, we took BART to our hotel and checked in and headed straight to the Giants game at AT&T Park. I got really excited when I saw this in front of us ...
Absolutely beautiful!! I could hardly wait to get inside and see the rest of it.
It was a gorgeous day, the Giants were playing the Dodgers in front of a sold-out crowd, and we had awesome seats to enjoy the game and the view from.
I must say, the garlic fries were better than they were at Safeco (sorry Karrie and Robin!) ... the game was very exciting (Giants ended up winning 10-7) and we thoroughly enjoyed taking it all in.
After the game, I made everyone walk around the stadium with me so we could get a closer look at the whole thing. I'm sure they loved that (ha ha)...
We couldn't walk up to the giant baseball glove, unfortunately, since they closed it down after the game ended. Oh well - I've gotta save something for the next time I'm at a game there, right?!?
I loved the view from the stadium (except for the fact that you couldn't see the Bridge). There were boats out in the Bay, people walking up and down the sidewalks outside the stadium, and of course, the wind blowing everything a million directions.
The verdict: Well done San Francisco! AT&T Park definitely ranks among the best ballparks in my book.
5 comments:
That Stadium is beautiful! One day I will make it there. And I love that red shirt too!
seattle forgives you for choosing san fransico's garlic fries!
How many ballparks left to visit?
I've been waiting to hear how it all went! Jealous of all your stadiums... I'm still on lowly #9. :) And I love cute 4th of july outfit and hair! I've been considering going back to short and I think you just talked me into it!
Hi Shannie!
Looks like you had a great 4th of July and a wonderful trip!! Biking across the bridge, how FUN!!! I'm jealous. I'm going to do that someday!
Post a Comment