Tonight I was able to go to the DC Temple Visitor's Center for the lighting ceremony of the 450,000 Christmas lights on the temple grounds. The event is put on by the Church's Public Affairs office in DC, and is hosted by Elder & Sister Marriott. This year, President Boyd K. Packer presided and spoke at the event. Much to our surprise, Elder Oaks was also there. I have to admit, I was a little awe-struck when Tyler and I turned the corner and saw Elder Oaks there talking to a couple missionaries, and then just meandering around the Visitor's Center mingling with people. It was incredible to be in such close quarters with so many amazing people. The Spirit was so strong and Christmas is officially here! I absolutely LOVE this time of year.
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This reminds me of when I helped put on this event when working in International Affairs. What a great thing this is for Washington! Glad you got to go!
Post a Comment