I have issues with Wendy's. Not because I had a bad experience with a weird piece of something in my food once (I didn't), not because I never went there in the middle of the night in Provo to get chicken nuggets and a frosty, but because last year they did something that goes against the very trademark that makes them who they are. What am I talking about? The introduction of the "Vanilla" Frosty. I am sorry but "Frosty" by definition means chocolate. No vanilla about it. Who craves vanilla anything?? I just have a hard time hearing people say "vanilla frosty."
I'd all but forgotten about my take on the Frosty until last night, after I'd been craving ice cream all day. I was out running errands and saw a Wendy's and thought to myself, "ok fine I'll cave in and get a frosty." So I pulled my way up to the drive-thru lane and the man (who didn't speak English very well) asked for my order and I said "just a frosty please." He then mumbled something that I didn't hear, either because he was speaking too fast, with too heavy of an accent, or it was too muffled by the microphone for me to understand. I said "what?" and he got kind of annoyed - he said "no 'what' - vanilla or chocolate or mixed?" Ok I about lost it and yelled at him! I really wanted to scream "CHOCOLATE" into the metal box in front of my face, but I resisted. ha ha I don't know why I am so passionate about this (its not like I have a Frosty more than a couple times a year even), but I have strong feelings about the frosty maintaining its original purpose - to satisfy a chocolate craving! For all the people out there that like vanilla things, go to McDonald's and get an ice cream cone...
6 comments:
why do you have to hate us that like vanilla? And that lady only stud up for you because she saw you where loosing your battle.
I agree with you 100%!! I had this exact conversation with a friend of mine at a Wendy's recently. Why they tried the Vanilla Frosty will always be a mystery to me. And who buys them anyway?
I actually love Vanilla ice cream(prefer it over chocolate many times) ... but I do agree that the Frosty should stay with the chocolate! And I miss those late night Wendy's runs that we took in Provo for chicken nuggets and Frostys!
Okay, you are one hilarious chica and you weren't kidding when you said you have issues with Wendy's frosty. I laughed so hard.
I had no idea, and I totally want to go out right now and find a Wendy's so I can try a vanilla frosty
Amen, sister.
Post a Comment