Sunday, August 26, 2007

Kenny Chesney Concert

It never hurts to have friends who have connections. Or at least lucky friends. My friend Sarah called on Friday and told me that she just won tickets on the radio to the Kenny Chesney concert on Saturday night ... not just any tickets ... but front row tickets! She was the big winner which meant that we had passes to the 'meet and greet' before the concert, and were then going to be sitting ON stage during Pat Green's opening act. And THEN we'd sit on the front row for Kenny Chesney. How could I pass that up? Obviously I didn't ...


We left in plenty of time, at least so we thought, to make it to the venue at 5:30 ... little did we know that it would take THREE HOURS to get there because of the traffic turning onto the one-lane road that we had to go on to get there. So yeah ... we missed the meet and greet ... the concert was delayed a bit due to lightening, but we still missed Pat Green's act and didn't get to sit on stage. We made it to our seats halfway through his last song ("Wave On Wave" - the only song of his that I actually know), and he actually pointed to Sarah and took her camera and took a couple pictures of himself. So, at least we got something cool out of it all!

After Pat Green finished, Sugarland was next. I didn't know they were going to be there, so that was a nice surprise ... I love them! They were fabulous. I'd heard that they were great performers, and it was definitely confirmed. She had sooo much energy and was dancing and jumping around on stage the whole time. Certainly a fun act to watch.

Then was the headliner ... Kenny Chesney ... his fans are kind of crazy, so our front row seats turned into us standing right up next to the stage trying to ward off all the other people who were up there. But it was really fun to be THAT close to a concert! Of course, I wore my earplugs so my eardrums didn't sustain any further damage (yes, I felt like an old lady!) ... You know you're close when you are hoping that the creepy guitarist will step back a bit so his sweat doesn't fall off of his hair onto you ...
I am pretty sure that is the closest I will ever be at a concert again! It was fun though to be up close and personal, front and center of a concert like that though. Thanks to Sarah for thinking of me ... it would have been perfect if it weren't for all the crazy traffic! Oh well, that's life!

3 comments:

lrbodine said...

That stinks about the traffic!! But I'm still jealous you were soo close to Kenny.

Courtney said...

pfff. thanks for inviting me! ha! j/k - that looks like a lot of fun! You're just lucking out these days on the concerts, aren't ya? :)

shabba shabba said...

I'm not jealous you were close to Kenny, but I'm jealous of your cool bike. I just need something to envy you for and, given my intense disdain for country music, I'll envy your bike. Still though, rockin' photos. What's that chick wearing in that in the pic in the middle row? It looks like she's Jazzercizing.