Monday, May 21, 2007

I Love to see the Temple ...

The last time mom and dad came to visit was when I went through the temple for the first time. So, when they were here this time, we made a return trip. This time, we went to the DC temple to do some sealings. Mom had a bunch of daughter to parent sealings to be done, so we thought that would be fun to do. There was this cute little old man who was there when we got there. He took one look at me and came over and said "are you sure you're old enough to be in the temple?" He was shocked when I told him that actually, I was 27. He told me that I didn't look a day over 16 ... now I am all for looking younger than I really am ... but wow that puts me younger than my youngest brother!! Too funny. He also made sure to ask me another important question before we left: "Now how does a girl as pretty as you stay single until you are 27? Those boys must be blind!" ha ha if I had a penny for every time I've heard some version of that question ...

My dad started talking to this man and found out he was originally from Blanding, UT. He asked him if he knew any Washburns. I had no idea who dad was talking about, until he said that his mother's brother Ben married Lydia Washburn ... and this man definitely knew my great-aunt Lydia. His older sister was good friends with her and he said they were the nicest people, and he remembered having them to dinner at his sister's house in Salt Lake once. Small Mormon world ... yet again!! It was fun to reminisce with him about my great-Uncle Ben & Aunt Lydia ... they lived in Provo just south of BYU campus, so I visited them every so often before they both passed away.

Its always a great reminder to serve in the temple and remember what a great family I have!

No comments: