Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Dean's Birthday

Dean was in Utah for his birthday, but I convinced him to let us take him to dinner when he returned. So we all went to Eggspectation and enjoyed dinner together. (and no, not everything on the menu has eggs in it...)
And from the other end of the table ... gotta love those awkward dinner table pictures:Then we went back to my house for what was probably the most delectable cake I have ever had in my life. I'm not saying that because I made it, but because I ordered it from Cold Stone. Yellow cake sandwiched between layers of cake batter ice cream with cookie dough chunks mixed in, covered with a chocolate ganache and topped with chunks of cookie dough and chocolate shavings. Absolutely, positively, delicious. I can't remember what someone said after he made his wish and blew out the candle ... I think it was a line from "Sixteen Candles" but it was apparently pretty funny (sometimes I hate not being the one taking the pictures!!):
After cake, we played Dean's new game of 80's Music "Scene It" and called it a night. Happy Birthday Dean!

3 comments:

heidi said...

you are so cute in that headband!

robin marie said...

i HEART cake batter ice cream!

Kristy said...

He is cute, you should marry him!!