A client of ours came in this morning and told us that President Bush would be driving by a little later today, after a brunch meeting he had just down the street. When we heard the helicopter overhead and saw the policemen lining the streets (which were completely blocked off), we walked down to the corner to have the Sherriff ask us if he could help us. We told him we just wanted to watch, and he said "ok the best place to stand is under the Rite Aid entrance."
So we waited and watched as the motorcycles started zooming around the corner first one at a time, and then two by two. Then came the cars ... I have never seen the President's motorcade in person before, and it was quite the sight. According to Wikipedia (the source for everything), it consists of about 35 vehicles - everything from the 2 limos to an ambulance. I guess I didn't realize just how many people it takes to escort the President anywhere he goes.
Too bad I left my camera in my purse, back in my office. But it was still a pretty cool thing to watch right here in little old Fairfax, VA :)
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Living near DC is pretty cool...
Posted by
Shanna
at
10.4.07
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment